Budget Billing Application
Budget Billing Plan is a monthly payment plan that spreads your utility costs evenly throughout the year. This free service is available to all City of Goodland residential customers.
You must understand and agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- To be eligible the customer must meet the following criteria:
- Have maintained an active account at the current address for a minimum of twelve (12) months.
- Account must be paid in full and have a zero balance before enrolling in Budget Billing.
- Customer applying for this plan must have applicable utility services in his/her name.
- Customer must not have been shutoff for non-payment anytime in the previous twelve months.
- Budget Billing will have a “catch up” month which will be 11 months after initial sign-up. At this time the customer is required to pay the bill in full to bring the account to a zero balance.
- The required application must be completed and approved by The City of Goodland.
- If customer is shut off for non-payment, the account will no longer be eligible for budget billing and the account must be paid in full for actual usage (brought to zero (0) balance) along with any and all other charges according to the City’s shut-off policy before utilities shall be restored.
- If full payment of budget amount is not received by the 15th of any given month, a 5% late fee will be charged and must be paid in addition to the budget amount.
- If the City receives notice of an insufficient/return check or ACH, or declined credit/debit card, the account will not be eligible for budget billing and account must be paid in full for actual usage (brought to a zero (0) balance) along with any and all other charges according to the City’s return check policy before utilities shall be restored.
- If services are transferred to another location, the account will not be eligible for budget billing until the customer has a twelve (12) month history of usage at new location.
- The budget billing is a monthly payment plan – if customer is out of town for a period of time, a monthly payment must be received.
- If rates or charges for a particular service are increased during the budget billing plan, the City shall adjust the plan to reflect the increase or decrease in the service rate.
- The total budgeted amount will vary slightly on bills when the sewer averages are re-calculated.
- The City of Goodland reserves the right to review any account at any time an account is subject to a revised budget amount and/or budget billing plan being cancelled or revoked.
- If account is closed, all charges are to be paid within 10 days.
Budget Billing Application
Upon remittance of this application the City of Goodland will check to see all requirements are met and will send you a follow up letter stating your approval or denial of Budget Billing. Application process may take up to three business days.