Compliments & Complaints

Compliments & Complaints

The Goodland Police Department is committed to providing the best service possible.

If you have a comment or complaint about an officer or the Department in general, there are several ways to communicate with the Department.

General Complaints

While citizens are welcome to offer complaints via e-mail, they will likely be contacted via phone about the complaint by a Department official.  We want to ensure that we investigate every complaint to the best of our ability, and that often requires interaction.  Citizens are strongly encouraged to make complaints either in person or by phone.

Complaints of Biased Based Policing

Kansas law requires that all law enforcement agencies provide a means for citizens to make complaints if they feel they have been subject to biased policing.  Citizens can make such complaints to the Police Department in the same way as any other complaint.  In addition, citizens who feel that they have been subject to biased policing may also contact the Kansas State Attorney General’s Office.

Contact The PD