Ordinance 1759 – Adopting 2018 International Mechanical Code
AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING THE 2018 INTERNATIONAL MECHANICAL CODE FOR THE CITY CODE OF THE CITY OF GOODLAND, KANSAS.
WHEREAS, the City of Goodland Construction Board has recommended to approve adopting and amending the 2018 International Mechanical Code book to update the City’s current code which is the older version of the standard code known as the Uniform Mechanical Code 1994 Edition.
WHEREAS, the Governing Body finds it is in the best interest of the City to adopt the 2018 International Mechanical Code Book for the City of Goodland
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF GOODLAND, KANSAS:
SECTION 1 The City of Goodland Code Section 4-1102 is amended as follows:
4-1102. INTERNATIONAL MECHANICAL CODE ADOPTED
There is hereby incorporated by reference by the governing body of the City of Goodland, Kansas, for the purpose of regulating the design, construction, quality of materials, erection, installation, alteration, repair, location, relocation, replacement, addition to, use or maintenance of heating, ventilating, cooling, or refrigeration systems, incinerators or other miscellaneous systems and heat producing appliances in the City of Goodland, Kansas, and providing for the issuance of permits and collection of fees therefore, that certain document known as the International Mechanical Code, being particularly the 2018 Edition and all appendices and supplements thereto, as promulgated and published by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials, and the whole thereof, save and except such portions as are hereinafter deleted, omitted, modified, added or amended, of which not less than three copies have been and are now on file in the office of the City Clerk, being appropriately stamped or marked “OFFICIAL COPY” as adopted by Ordinance No. 1759 approved the third day of October, 2022 and which copies shall be open and available to the public at all reasonable business hours and the same hereby adopted and incorporated as fully as if set out at length herein and the provisions thereof shall be controlling upon all heating, ventilating, cooling or refrigeration systems, incinerators or other miscellaneous systems and heat-producing appliances and their supports hereafter placed or installed in or upon any land, building or other structures within the City of Goodland, Kansas, and under the scope of this article.
4-1102.1 AMENDMENTS AND DELETIONS TO THE 2018 INTERNATIONAL MECHANICAL CODE. The following sections of the Mechanical Codes adopted by references in this article are hereby amended or deleted as follows:
- IMC 101.1 Title. Amended to read as follows: These regulations shall be known as the Mechanical Code of the City of Goodland hereinafter referred to as “this code.”
- IMC 106.5.2 Fee schedule. Amended to read as follows: The fees for all mechanical work shall be as indicated in the following schedule: Chapter 4 Article XI Sec. 4-1106 of the Goodland City Code.
- IMC 106.5.3 Fee refunds. Deleted
- IMC 108.4 Violation penalties. Amended to read as follows: Refer to Chapter 4 Article XI Section 4-1106 of the Goodland City Code.
- IMC 108.5 Stop Work orders. Amended to read as follows: Upon notice from the code official that mechanical work is being performed contrary to the provisions of this code or in a dangerous or unsafe manner, such work shall immediately cease. Such notice shall be in writing and shall be given to the owner of the property, or to the owner’s authorized agent, or to the person doing the work. The notice shall state the conditions under which work is authorized to resume. Where an emergency exists, the code official shall not be required to give a written notice prior to stopping the work. Any person who shall continue any work on the system after having been served with a stop work order, except such work as that person is directed to perform to remove a violation or unsafe condition, shall be liable to a fine of not more than 500 dollars.
- IMC 603.6.1.1 Duct length. Flexible air ducts shall not be limited in length.
SECTION 2 The City of Goodland Code Section 4-1107 is amended as follows:
4-1107 (g) Appendix A, Part B Flexible Ducts, Section 6.507 Suitable Installation-Deleted
SECTION 3. This ordinance shall be in force and take effect after its publication in the Goodland Star News.
PASSED AND ADOPTED this 3rd day of October 2022, by the Governing Body of the City of Goodland, Kansas.
Aaron Thompson, Mayor
Mary P. Volk, City Clerk