Ordinance 1754 – Adoption of 2018 Plumbing Code
ORDINANCE NO. 1754
AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING AND AMENDING THE 2018 INTERNATIONAL PLUMBING CODE BOOK AND AMENDING CHAPTER 4 ARTICLE IV SECTION 4-402 OF THE CITY CODE FOR THE CITY OF GOODLAND, KANSAS.
WHEREAS, the City of Goodland Construction Board has recommended to approve adopting and amending the 2018 International Plumbing Code book to update the City’s current code which is the older version of the 1994 International Plumbing Code book.
WHEREAS, the Governing Body finds it is in the best interest of the City to adopt the 2018 International Plumbing Code Book for the City of Goodland
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF GOODLAND, KANSAS:
Section 1. The City of Goodland Code Section 4-402 is amended as follows:
4-402 2018 INTERNATIONAL PLUMBING CODE. The 2018 International Plumbing Code is hereby adopted as the Plumbing Code of the City of Goodland for regulating and governing the design, construction, quality of materials, erection, installation, alteration, repair, location, addition to, use or maintenance of plumbing systems in the City of Goodland; providing for the issuance of permits and collection of fees, including Appendix Chapters B, C, D & E.
4-402.1 AMENDMENTS AND DELETIONS TO THE 2018 INTERNATIONAL PLUMBING CODE. The following sections of the Plumbing Codes adopted by references in this article are hereby amended or deleted as follows:
- IPC 101.1 Title. Amended to read as follows: These regulations shall be known as the Plumbing Code of the City of Goodland hereinafter referred to as “this code.”
- IPC 106.6.2 Fee schedule. Amended to read as follows: The fees for all plumbing work shall be as indicated in the following schedule: Chapter 4 Article IV Sec. 4-406 of the Goodland City Code.
- IPC 106.6.3 Fee refunds. Deleted
- IPC 108.4 Violation penalties. Amended to read as follows: Refer to Chapter 4 Article IV Section 4-413 of the Goodland City Code.
- IPC 108.5 Stop work orders. Amended to read as follows: Upon notice from the code official, work on any plumbing system that is being performed contrary to the provisions of this code or in a dangerous or unsafe manner shall immediately cease. Such notice shall be in writing and shall be given to the owner of the property, or to the owner’s authorized agent, or to the person performing the work. The notice shall state the conditions under which work is authorized to resume. Where an emergency exists, the code official shall not be required to give a written notice prior to stopping the work. Any person whoshall continue any work in or about the structure after having been served with a stop work order, except such work as that person is directed to perform to remove a violation or unsafe condition, shall be liable to a fine of not more than 500 dollars.
- IPC 305.4.1 Sewer depth. Deleted
- IPC 410.2 Small occupancies. Amended to read as follows: Drinking fountains shall not be required for an occupant load of 50 or fewer.
- IPC 903.1 Roof extensions. Amended to read as follows: Open vent pipes that extend through a roof shall be terminated not less than six inches (6″) above the roof. Where a roof is to be used for assembly or as a promenade, observation deck, sunbathing deck or similar purposes, open vent pipes shall terminate not less than 2 feet (24 inches) above the roof.
SECTION 2. The City of Goodland Code Section 4-407 – Uniform Plumbing Code—Amendments is deleted.
SECTION 3. This ordinance shall be in force and take effect after its publication in the Goodland Star News.
PASSED AND ADOPTED this 1st day of August, 2022, by the Governing Body of the City of Goodland, Kansas.
Aaron Thompson, Mayor
Mary P. Volk, City Clerk