AN ORDINANCE PERTAINING TO ELECTRIC UTILITIES IN THE CITY OF GOODLAND, ADDING A NEW SECTION 17-204.1. ADDITIONAL CUSTOMER CHARGE FOR EXTRA ORDINARY POWER COSTS, TO CHAPTER 17, ARTICLE II OF THE CODE OF THE CITY OF GOODLAND.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF GOODLAND, KANSAS:
Section 1. A Section 17-204.1of the Code of the City of Goodland, Kansas is hereby added as follows:
Sec. 17-204.1. Additional Customer Charge for Extraordinary Power Costs.
- The purpose of this Section 17-204.1 is to provide the necessary revenue for the extraordinary power costs incurred during the February 2021 energy emergencies.
- All users, as provided in Sections 17-202, 17-203 and 17-204, shall be subject to an additional monthly customer charge per meter, which shall be set based upon the user’s energy consumption from the month of February, 2021. The additional monthly customer charge amount shall be calculated per meter and set as follows:
|User Consumption in KWH from February, 2021||Amount of Monthly Customer Charge|
|0 – 1,000||$8.00|
|1,001 – 2,000||$12.00|
|2,001 – 5,000||$16.00|
|5,001 – 10,000||$26.00|
|10,001 – 20,000||$36.00|
|20,001 – 100,000||$46.00|
- The amount of the monthly customer charge shall be set per the table in subsection (2) above and that amount shall remain as a recurring charge for each month during the effectiveness of this section as provided in subsection (5) below.
- All the additional customer charges provided in this section shall be separate and in addition to any other charges, fees, rates or amounts provided in Article II of the Code of the City of Goodland, Kansas.
- This section, in its entirety, shall cease to be effective or implemented after the occurrence of either the amount of the extraordinary power costs incurred during the February 2021 energy emergencies have been recovered OR March 31, 2025, whichever occurs sooner. This section shall be repealed following the occurrence of either event described in this subsection.
SECTION 2. This ordinance shall be in force and take effect after its publication in the Goodland Star News.
PASSED AND ADOPTED this 22nd day of March, 2021, by the Governing Body of the City of Goodland, Kansas.
John Garcia, Mayor
Mary P. Volk, City Clerk